Electrical Carbon for the Steel Industry
We make a wide range of high performance electrical materials suitable for use in the harsh environment of a steel processing plant.
Our range includes carbon brushes and holders, slip rings, crane collectors, terminal blocks and AEGIS® SGR™ rings suitable for use in for challenging environments such as steel processing. Our brushes perform in high temperature applications in steel mills with extreme high current that switch to very low load running.
Typical applications in this sector include:
- Morgan electrographite brushes in grades EG251 and SA45 are specifically designed to handle the load cycling of rolling mill motors
- Harsh environmental applications such as the hot mill drives and temper mill generators require high performance materials and our team can assist in selecting the best for your applications
- Tinning lines require a matched and compatible brush and holder solution to cope with high currents and harsh environments
- Application-specific materials are copper graphites such as CM5H, CM3H or CM1S, depending on the load and speed characteristics
- Morgan engineers can assist in technical equipment upgrades, advising on the correct materials and assemblies
Our experience in the design and manufacture of specialist electrical components for steep processing spans 100 years, and we offer high performance materials in this extreme environment suitable for varying current loadings and protecting the life of the commutator. We offer bespoke design, technical support and a complete range of Martindale products for motor maintenance and repair.
For further information on how we can help find the optimum solution for your steel processing equipment project, contact us today.